Labels

Weekly Progress

 Week 1

- I was absent so I must catch up on research, I will join a team later on

Problem: I didn't know where to start because I was not in class

Solution: I took inspiration from friends blogs and decided to start by doing research

Week 2

- Started research for music videos

- Get team assembled

Problem: I am stuck at funerals in and out of town for an entire week

Solution: I worked from home and whenever I had free time, so I was able to catch up on some research

where I worked while I was in Bogor

Week 3

- Continue research on branding of music groups
- Continued discussion for song ideas
- I decided to change the format of my weekly progress blog to be more reflective
- I finally returned to class, yay

Problem: We need our statement of intent done by week 4 and a song ready by then
Solution: Continue discussions in and out of class, we also started choosing by process of elimination by genres
To do: Write statement of intent, fast.

very excited to be back in class

Week 4

- Started development and moodboard
- We made a mini project for the music video to test our current skills
- Finished research
Problem: I am still quite unfamiliar with the brand we are going for
Solution: Consult with the band and look into the brand of the artist
To do: Do specific research on the Weeknd

Week 5

- Continued development, I scouted locations via google maps and put it into our google docs
- Gathered more ideas for the music video

Problem: Canva does not work on my laptop for some reason
Solution: Find alternatives or get help
To do list: Add technical skills blog post

still very happy to be back in class

Week 6

- Continued development. I think its getting a bit stagnant, there's only so much we can do 
- Started eliminating ideas from our development to make it easier to work with, too many ideas on it

Problem: I am way too busy with student council work to help significantly with the group
Solution: I guess I should just wait it out or start sleeping later so I have time to help
To do list: I can start practicing editing skills


Me and Niki in class on Friday circa 10/11/23 12.56PM

Week 7

- Separated my location scouting from my development blog
- Posted statement of intent
- Completed blog requirements ahead of semester break
Re-ordered my blog so that it would make sense, I posted everything randomly

Problem: the semestral exams are next week
Solution: Do everything now, used a check list to figure out what I have not done
To do list: Just chip in on work while I have the opportunity

Week 10

- got feedback from Mr. Nick for my blogs, he told me to fix the format of my weekly plan because the text was not properly bolded making it hard to read
- Mr. Nick also advised us to change the layout of our blogs so that it would be easier for Cambridge examiners to mark, it looks ugly but we have to stick with it
-We did location scouting in level 21, Mertasari, Living World, and Sanur. Fortunately, we are also able to complete the evaluation and risk assessment for each location this week


Problem: I feel as though we are running out of time and we need to get things going quickly
Solution: The team has decided to start filming by next week, meaning that we have to make a storyboard and screenplay with immediate effect
To do list: Assist Niki with the storyboard, get a screenplay up and running, coordinate with our actors and cameraman. I also need to fix my blog so that everything is in proper order and that all the content is moved from google docs to the blog.

Week 11

- We scheduled our shooting schedule. Here is the link to the post. Mr. Nick told us to make this in a separate blog to prevent cluttering
- Prepared and practiced for our first shoot. Including the Screenplay and storyboard. We practiced in class and created mockups of the shots.
- Met up and finalized the shoot and general ideas for intro and outro in Level 21
- Mr. Nick gave us a deadline to finish our shooting within the next 2 weeks as we have mock exams and post-production still to deal with

Problem: We did not have enough resources to properly practice shots at school
Solution: Niki pretended to be a car by sticking a sheet of paper to his butt claiming its a license plate, where as Baron used a chair and just pushed it. This allowed us to somewhat practice filming
To Do List: Filming the first part of our video, begin further post-production research into digipacks and finish screenplay + storyboard for next shoot

Week 12

- Continued filming in Mertasari beach. We completed the scenes with Deva and the McD bag. we are finally done about 50% with filming yipeeee.
- Prepared for the shoot in the weekend, we are going to a new location so we have prepared heavily
- Started Social Media research for our stars

Problem: We're getting tired of this project (not in a bad way) and we feel that we need to take a break
Solution: We slowed down our progress for one week to catch a breath, we will start gassing it up again this weekend
To do list: Plan out the rest of the shoots and social media production

Week 13

- Started working on our self-reflection, we had to relearn how to make it as Cambridge gave Mr Nick advice on how to do it in a more proper way to make our scores better.
- We filmed the scenes in Serangan, that tips our filming progress past the 50% mark.
- Filmed Juna lipsync in Level 21 Mall. Did both on the same day, incredibly tiring. I want to try and avoid 2 shoots in one day

Problem: we got absolutely rained on
Solution: We got up and ran away immediately on our bikes. We continued shooting in the mall instead
To do list: Start digipack

Week 14

- Shot at Pantai Saba. Tiring shoot as it was very far away from where I lived but it was close to Niki's house.
- Shot the scenes at Gus's house. the neighbours were cooking fish and we had to survive the incredible stench
- Started mockup for digipacks

Problem: we were very inefficient in the production of the digipack
Solution: We gave ourselves time limits and a set target to work on to make sure that things actually happen. Otherwise we'd spend hours doing the same thing
To do list: Take pictures of Juna

Week 15 (Sem 2 Week 7)

- Photoshoot with our star, we got to make more content from it especially from our social media
- Started creating promotional material for our social media, including teasers, world tours, and memes
- We lost a media lesson to democracy. The government made election day a national holiday

Problem: Our Star arrived really late for the shoot and had to go really quickly
Solution: We sped up the photo session, there was not much specific directing of his poses, we just scream words for him to try to imitate.
To do list: Self reflection, finish digipack, finish social media, get on with it.

Week 16 (Sem 2 Week 8)

- further development of digipak + social media


No comments:

Post a Comment