Labels

Contacting the record label to get permission

 

The song we chose was "Out of Time" by the Weeknd. He is signed to Republic Records which is a subdivision of Universal Music Group. Today I will attempt to obtain permission to use their song


the frontpage of their website

I went onto their website where I could not find any option to contact them nor any email which I could send my requests to. The only resemblance to a contact was only used by their merch store which in this case would be irrelevant for us.


With that I attempted to contact their parent company instead which was Universal Music Group. Over there, I found it after some searching.

the FAQ page on UMG's website

Because we were in Indonesia, it redirected us to the Universal Music Group Indonesia's Instagram page. Unfortunately it was a dead end. 

The link on their IG page leads to here, where there was no option to contact them. I will try to find another way tomorrow










No comments:

Post a Comment