Labels

Digipak development

 This post is about how we developed our digipak, this blog was arranged by me (jason).

Development started when Rania showed some pictures to me of what she wanted the digipak to look like.


I wasn't too big on the idea of the ocean background so I re-consulted our research to find something else.
Some album covers we looked at + an image of Andrew Tate

I was in particular intrigued by the design of Kanye's Life of Pablo cover (Row 4, Column 5). Especially by the unique graphic design choices which seemed off-putting. I decided to recreate something similar to it in canva.


As Mr Nick was a graphics design major, I decided to do everything that might make him cringe at the cover. This includes a pure white background, unaligned text, different fonts, comic sans and a random stretched image. I chose Guy Fieri for now as I would want our star to do something similar to him as a pose in the image. 

Somehow, Rania liked the placement of the "Out of Time" with a different font (6th row) and so she tried to salvage my dumpster fire.

This was what she came up with

I wasn't too much of a fan of it and I strongly preferred the first one she came up with. So instead we decided to switch the background to a color scheme to fit our music video. Rania had a photoshoot with our star and so we got this.

mock up of Rania's Idea

after our photoshoot it turned to this
Baron had the idea to add more of "Jun" to the digipak


In the end, we all thought this one was the most visually pleasing and the most eye-catching simultaneously. It also encodes similar media language as our video. The glitchy double effect shows Jun losing himself and the blurred flashes represent memories going through his head, taking him through different emotions and realities. 





















No comments:

Post a Comment